Project outline














"The consumer is king."

In preparing the project outline, I've decided to revisit the brief to dissect it and ensure I had the essential components addressed. Here, I've opted to define "packaging decision makers" as consumers since this group would have the most effect on the demand for canned food.  

Brief:
To highlight the benefits of metal as a sustainable food packaging material, delivering healthy nutritious food

Challenge:
Consumer perception
– Some of the views of canned food (from the survey I conducted) included "unhealthy", "inferior quality" and "a lot preservatives".

Insight:
– Lack of awareness of nutritional value of canned food.
– People would like to think that it is important that their food is packaged in a sustainable/environmentally-friendly way (survey results: 75% stated more important, on a scale of 4 out of 5) but are probably unaware that buying canned food helps this cause.

Key messages:
From the research I've done, I've come up with 3 main benefits that I would like to communicate in this campaign:
– canned fruit/veg is a convenient way of contributing towards your 5-a-day portions of fruit and veg
– canned food makes for quick, easy cooking (while being nutritious and cheap)
– canned food is eco-friendly (sustainably packaged and doesn't use extra energy to be stored)

Primary target audience:
Ideally, busy adults who appreciate quick, easy meals.

The Big Idea:
Amongst the concepts I've developed, I think that the strongest is "Win with Tin", where my aim is to get people to associate more positive notions about purchasing canned food.  The biggest hurdle in championing canned food in my opinion, is the negative way people feel about it currently. Thus, I've decided to position canned food in a way that allows people to realise that they're benefiting while simultaneously contributing to the environment; making them feel like they're already winners.

Communication channels: 
– 'Scratch & win' cards relating key messages, directing to campaign website for more info
– ambient media (ideas still being developed)
– website

0 comments:

Post a Comment